[CentOS] KVM Host Disk Performance

Wed Apr 6 09:25:14 UTC 2011
Jussi Hirvi <greenspot at greenspot.fi>

On 5.4.2011 21.49, compdoc wrote:
> For reasons of speed and ease of maintenance and backups, what I've settled
> on is: a small separate drive for the host to boot from, a small separate
> drive for the guest OSes (I like using qcow2 on WD Raptors), and then a
> large array on a raid controller for storage which the guests and host can
> share access to.

Aren't the guests and host then competing for that large array? How is
this arrangement better than other setups, for example having the host &
each guest (with their associated data) each on their own disk, or
partition?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland