[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 will not install due to Firefox error

Wed Apr 6 20:49:20 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 4/6/2011 2:52 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>> This is very different than the delta rpms though... delta rpms and all
>>> that still works with a simple http server. For a mvcc you'd need a
>> backend to
>>> have an actual DB, scripting backend and such...
>>
>> Ah, yes, sort of like, well, a real version control system.
>>
>>      mark, who used to be expert with PVCS, and could do all this
>
> Doing it with one instance is one thing - and I really wish yum could at
> least be told to ignore packages newer than a reference timestamp so it
> could reproduce updates even when new things have been added to the
> repos.  But that's not the issue here - not even that would held with
> out of sync mirrors unless you can control the order of transfers.

Nope. PVCS had (has?) both "labels" and "tags". We'd tag something as a
given release, and you exported by tag to get the full release as of that
date. You wouldn't put the tag on until everything had been promoted, and
the system locked, then gang tag everything that was, say, labeled
"production".

        mark