[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Thu Apr 7 16:42:24 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/7/2011 11:02 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> If you WANT a service level agreement with me, then you may contract for
> one.  If you pay me enough, I will guarantee you updates on what ever
> schedule you are willing to pay for.  I will be very professional in my
> dealings with you in that case too.

That's sort of disturbing... Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it
comes across to me as implying that the CentOS project could do better
with more resources and the only way you'll allow it to have those
resources is if you are paid personally.  But maybe I'm reading too much
into the rejections of offers to help with builds and the refusals to
share the build environment.

> When you want something that is provided for free, and when you want to
> treat me like you are paying me a million dollars a year to give it to
> you, guess what ...

Would all the contributors of mirror infrastructure, etc., be OK with
the project becoming a personal profit center for you?  If you weren't
serious about demanding money for performance, why bring it up?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com