[CentOS] how is "binary compatibility" determined?

Sat Apr 9 08:09:45 UTC 2011
Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com>

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 14:47 -0400, Brian Mathis wrote:

> >> Given that its answered in a FAQ one could argue that it was not a good
> >> question.
> >
> > You know, there is a famous saying.. "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".
> >

> Yes, and not to mention the giant warning on the top of that page:
>     Comment from Karanbir Singh:
>     "Just want to point out that CentOS does not use anything from that page
>     - and details / scripts on that page have nothing to do with the CentOS
>     process."
>

> // Brian Mathis

Okay, I'm getting a touch confused here. Are you saying that this page
is a red herring?? Because if it is irrelevant, then does anyone have an
issue if that page gets nuked? What's the point if it's not helpful?