[CentOS] 5.6 - SRPM's

Sun Apr 10 08:45:09 UTC 2011
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

On 9 April 2011 23:42, Tom Brown <tom at ng23.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any ETA for the SRPM's from the base tree of 5.6? I need to
> get my hands on the src for the centos-release package as i have to
> rebuilt it to prevent the repo definitions from being included.
>
> I see the src's for the updates RPM's but not the base.
>
> many thanks

As part of my build process I disable repos like that (and others that
insert themselves in /etc/yum.repos.d) by echoing in during kickstart
the line reposdir=/etc/yum.repos.d/custom to yum.conf.

That way if I do have a need of a repo I can pop the file in there...
but meanwhile updates that pop a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d have
no effect on my systems.

Could similar work for you without having to rebuild centos-release ?

James