[CentOS] whats the package that allows copy and paste between windows

Mon Apr 11 14:54:07 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Jerry Geis wrote:
> What is the package that allows copy and paste between windows?
> I think I need to yum reinstall it.
> after the 5.6 update I get the copy button when I right click - (for
> example in thunderbird)
> put when I then goto a console window and try to right click and paste
> the paste is grey-ed or ghosted.
>
> Is there a package that controls the clip board or something?
> Thanks
> Jerry

Try using Gedit as an intermediary for your copy-paste action. Copy in
thunderbird, past in gedit, select and copy in gedit, paste in your
application.

To insert/paste data from clipboard into a console/terminal, use
<Shift>+<Ins>.

Ljubomir