[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel (Was: Centos 6 Update?)

Mon Apr 11 16:51:34 UTC 2011
Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com>

On 04/11/2011 07:25 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 04/10/2011 05:00 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Steve Clark<sclark at netwolves.com>  wrote:
>>> On 04/07/2011 05:14 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>> Great. Please keep us posted. If the patches work as expected, they
>>> will be a worthy addition to the cplus kernel.
>>> I got a kernel built with the patches using the wiki and your notes in
>>> 0004586 (thanks). I am pleased  to report
>>> that they appear to work as advertised. With:
>>> net.ipv6.conf.default.forwarding = 2
>>> net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra = 2
>>>
>>> Router solicitations were issued and router advertisements were accepted and
>>> I could still forward packets.
>>>
>>> I didn't make new patches, I simply did
>>> %define with_fuzzy_patches 1
>> I have built the latest version of cplus kernel with the patches
>> applied. The proposed process for patch addition did work well. It is
>> available as  'kernel-devel-2.6.32-71.24.1.el6.centos.ayplus.1'  from:
>>
>> http://centos.toracat.org/kernel/centos6/centosplus-testing/
>>
>> Steve, could you please test this kernel? Looks like this is going to
>> be the first patch set added to the C6plus kernel.
>>
> Sure - I am downloading it now.

Oops - I am using i386 not x86_64 and it appears you only have re-compiled the x86_64 kernels. At least
that is what I am assuming looking at the dates and the fact the i386 kernel did not work in regards to the new
behavior with router solicitations and router advertisements.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*
Email: steve.clark at netwolves.com