[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 21:43:33 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On 4/11/2011 4:04 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>> I must be missing something here. If it had been someone I didn't know,
>> that's one thing, but Dag's been contributing to Linux as a whole for a
>> lotta years, and his site is a major repository.
>
> Heh, I suppose we could have approximately the same conversion about
> getting all the stuff in various 3rd party rpm repositories coordinated
> so they never cause conflicts during updates.  Or maybe we have...

We have :-) When the Fedora project started there was a big discussion.
There was no interest in doing RHEL packages together with RPMForge back
then, the Fedora project then saw this additional task a risk to their new
Fedora Extras repository.

4 years after that they did start EPEL, but too much conflicts for us to
even attempt to fix any issues. And here we are :-/