[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Tue Apr 12 00:21:23 UTC 2011
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

Karanbir Singh wrote on 04/11/2011 12:20 PM:
> No, re-read what I said. Ownership in the distro is quite a different
> ballgame from userend support.

Yes, but it seems to be rather closely held.

>> The main support *I* need is timely updates and releases.
>
> The aim is to solve problems on a much larger scale, like the entire
> userbase. One of the key areas is this - and its a shared thing, but it
> an issue that needs to be solved by doing the right thing and not just
> something random.

There has been extensive support and agitation among the user-base for
more timely updates, particularly for security issues.  It seems obvious
to me that there is considerable room for improvement.

> you are wrong on both counts, and unless you are ready to get your
> thinking hat on and use it, its going to be quite hard to figure things out.

A lot of people have been thinking rather hard about how CentOS can be
improved.  Please share your thoughts on what needs to be done, and
carry through with a plan of action to accomplish it.  Nobody is in a
better position to do that than you are.

Phil