[CentOS] SNMP monitoring options

Wed Apr 13 03:16:25 UTC 2011
Bob Hepple <bhepple at promptu.com>

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:33:34 -0700
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:23:19AM +1000, Bob Hepple wrote:
> >
> > We looked at a number of monitoring systems before closing on
> > (community version) Opsview. The main other contender we looked at was
> > zenoss - I have to admit I was biased due to previous use of and liking
> > of nagios.
>
> So, if I already have a working nagios that I like, are there any
> advantages to Opsview community?  I only have about 100 services I
> monitor, and I doubt it'd grow a huge amount in the near future.

Well, the gui admin interface is appealing to some. Then the integrated
graphics. Mostly the stock nagios probes are 1:1 compatible (actually
identical) to the Opsview ones.

That said, I haven't ever done a port from nagios to opsview - you
might want to take a look at the opsview site and lists for that topic.

Cheers

Bob

--
Bob Hepple <bhepple at promptu.com>