[CentOS] 40TB File System Recommendations

Wed Apr 13 04:35:50 UTC 2011
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 4/12/11, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> But, our RAID10 is setup as a stripe of mirrors, i.e. sda1 & sdb1 -> md0,
> sdc1 + sdd1 ->md1, then sde1 + sdf1 ->md2, and finally md0 + md1 + md2 are
> stripped. The advantage of this is that we can add more disks to the whole
> RAID set with no downtime

Off-topic, but when you say add more disks, do you mean for the
purpose of replacing failing disks or for expanding the array? I'm
curious because on initial reading I read it to mean expanding the
storage capacity of the array but thought it was currently not
possible to expand a mdadm RAID 0 non-destructively.