[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Wed Apr 13 18:05:57 UTC 2011

Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
> centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
>> Radu Gheorghiu wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I don't think that's what we are discussing here about. I think we
>>> are discussing about making it all open, so that everybody can setup
>>> a build environment easily and start working on the real issues, not
>>> working on the build environment itself.
>>>
>> <snip>
>> I'll chime in again: is there not a full build environment that can be
>> checked out of the CentOS version control system? Or an rpm
>> to install it?
>
> Yum --enablerepos=Centos-Builder install CentOS-Build-Environment
>
> No, it seems to me this doesn't yet exist.

Fifteen years ago, when I worked for Ameritech (one of the now-swallowed
Baby Bells), I built a set of makefiles to build our entire project to the
"architecture team"'s specs (let's not discuss the opinions of that team
that all the rest of us had). I was the *first* person to manage it (and
we had 26 other teams all working on it)... and that was after it ate my
entire life, 12, 14, 16 hour days, for two and a half months.

So, *maybe*, after my own current personal life settles down, I might be
willing to look at the job....

         mark "in addition to my real job, that pays the bills, and my
                   family...."