[CentOS] Expanding RAID 10 array, WAS: 40TB File System Recommendations

Fri Apr 15 07:59:26 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 04/14/11 5:43 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Friday, April 15, 2011 02:46 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 04/14/11 7:44 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>>> Now, if OpenIndiana resists using illumos...
>> openindiana is under the Illumos project umbrella.  They aren't going to
>> use anything else.
> Eh? I was under the impression that they are separate and that Garrett
> Damore was rather unhappy with the initial direction of OpenIndiana in
> not preparing for an illumos release. 148 is still not illumos as far as
> I know.

afaik, both are still using pretty much the last opensolaris kernel with
minor changes

I was going on this, which says OpenIndiana is a member of the Illumos
Foundation, that Illumos was providing the core/kernel, and OpenIndiana
is integrating it into a complete system aka distribution
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Frequently+Asked+Questions#FrequentlyAskedQuestions-WhatistherelationshipbetweenOpenIndianaandIllumos%3F

They go onto say they are waiting for Illumos to mature before they
integrate it.