[CentOS] centosplus kernel not up to date ?

Sun Apr 17 00:15:53 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/16/11 6:37 PM, Nicolas Ross wrote:
>>> That is indeed what I need, I use ieee1394, raw1394 and sbp2 to access
>>> my 2tb firewire external drive that is used for backup rotation.
>>>
>>> I will try that on monday.
>>
>> Yum shouldn't have deleted your running kernel in the update.  It should
>> just be
>> a matter of changing the default to boot in the grub config if you want to
>> run
>> the old one a while longer.
>
> No, it didn't, but on reboot, it booted the non-centosplus kernel, the one
> that was more upto date...

It's not exactly because it is more up to date - the install process edits the
new one in as the default in grub.conf.  You can still interrupt the boot screen
and pick the one you want, or edit grub.conf to make the older one the default.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com