[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Thu Apr 21 02:05:29 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:25:06PM +0100, Ian Murray wrote:

> Try google: http://lwn.net/Articles/123934/

I've read the articles; I've no need to re-read them.

> (For the record, I couldn't find any previous disparaging comments from him... I
> stopped at page 6)

You didn't look very hard.

> Maybe he is a hack, I have no clue. But he is a hack with a fairly big
> linux-focused audience that repeated a few home truths (in my opinion). I am
> using it to try to illustrate how the status quo is harming the project. If that
> isn't important to you or you don't agree, that's fine.

The project is fine for what I need it for.  And, again, it's only a
tiny fraction of the user base that has a problem with the project and
the project management that are making a big stink about things.

> And those that think everything is peachy are also a tiny minority as far as we
> know, because I reckon 95%+ of CentOS users never post on the list. I wish
> people would stop stating what the *think* as *fact*.

I've never said that there weren't issues.  Matter of fact I've agreed
that there are indeed communication problems that I hope will be
resolved.  The difference is I'm not crying about the sky falling.

And do us a favor?  Take your own advice.

							John

--
Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

-- Woody Page, Denver sports columnist