[CentOS] User accounts management for small office

Thu Apr 21 19:16:58 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/21/2011 1:39 PM, Jeff Boyce wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> This may be a little off-topic here so if someone wants to point me to a
> more appropriate mailing list I would appreciate it.
>
> I administer the network for my small company and am preparing to install a
> new server in the next month or so.  It will be running CentOS 6 and
> function primarily as a Samba file server to 10 Windows workstations (XP,
> Vista, 7).  It will also host our OpenVPN server and possibly our FTP
> server; however I am hoping to move our FTP server to a gateway box when the
> new server is installed.

Have you looked at the ClearOS distribution?  It comes up with a simple
web interface to manage all of this with authentication done with a
pre-configured LDAP setup.  I think LDAP replication is slated for the
next version - which is waiting for CentOS 6 for it's components but
you'd only need that if you have several different servers and want
changes to propagate across them.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com