[CentOS] use of conntrack-tools

Wed Apr 27 10:04:44 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:32:08AM +0200, Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> yes indeed
> i look through the sources and the path is hardcoded
> it s really strange some packages for centos are built but obviously
> don't work.

I am by no means an expert on connection tracking, but poking through
the sources from alt.ru I don't get the impression that the package as
supplied works at all.  It's possible I am doing things incorrectly,
however.

I am seeing segfaults with conntrackd and my earlier thought that it was
just a /proc path issue may not be fully correct as it's looking for
"nf_conntrack_count" and not "ip_conntrack_count" which is what is
present on the boxes I've looked at.

Just for reference: I rebuilt libnetfilter_conntrack, along with
conntrack_tools, both from alt.ru, so there was no version mismatch.

If you ever get this working drop me a line; I'd be curious to know
whether the package is indeed not working or I'm just doing something
brain-dead.

						John
definition, not smart enough to debug it.

-- Brian W. Kernighan