[CentOS] ETA

Thu Apr 28 18:18:56 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Dear developers,
>
> I don't care for reasons, arguments, or flamefests. I need to plan my
> workload.
>
> By now I have half a dozen servers overdue for reimaging. I can put this
> off for another week or two, but not really much longer.
>
> There's obviously no point in installing centos 5 on any new machine.

I am not so sure about that.  If you need the machine up today, install
5.6 on it -- you can always upgrade later.  If you want bleeding edge
software install Fedora Core 14.  Otherwise sit tight.  Hassling the
developers is not going to make CentOS 6 show up any sooner.

I know that if I needed a server up this week or next week, I'd go ahead
and install CentOS 5.6.  (And I would have installed CentOS 5.5 back
before CentOS 5.6 was released.)