[CentOS] I have RHel6. How does that turn into Centos 6?

Fri Apr 29 18:50:27 UTC 2011
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

On 4/29/2011 1:46 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 04/29/2011 01:26 PM, Todd Rinaldo wrote:
>> I've always been surprised that CentOS ships /etc/redhat-release given
>> the above paragraph.
> Probably a programmatic requirement, if I was the betting type.

I could easily be confused as it has been so long now... I think
Whitebox actually changed that to whitebox-release and maybe CentOS did
the save very early on. But, many applications look for that file and if
they see redhat-release, know their stuff can run on your system and you
are off to the races. I suppose the final answer was it wasn't an
infringement and solved a lot of other problems. Seems I had to edit
this file or name to get something to run on a server like 4 or 5 years
ago?

Am I required to remember everything I did from that long back? LOL
There might be some stuff in the archives though... back in the early
ver. 3 days.

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502