[CentOS] figuring out LogVol details for mount

Sun Apr 3 19:26:00 UTC 2011
Winter <winter at frostmarch.com>

> When you boot into rescue mode are you given the option to
> continue-mount or read-only-mount the system to /mnt/sysimage? You could
> try to view /mnt/sysimage/etc/fstab to find the partition types.
>
> Regards,
>
> W.

Hello everyone,

I was, of course, a numbnut for suggesting this.  I don't normally LVM
the / partition, so I didn't think of it.  I'll try to, er, open my mind
out of my environment for future helpful suggestions.

Actually, the thread was an example of why I don't LVM /.  I think it
adds another layer I'd rather not have to deal with when things go
casters up.  But that is just My Way and it is not The Only Way.

Not a knock on Neuby, since it wasn't installed by him.

How goes the battle, by the way?

W.