[CentOS] Is Centos 5.5 too old fro Google Chrome?

Mon Apr 4 09:50:40 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 09:51:14PM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> I tried to install Google Chrome and received the dependencies
> error.  Is Centos too old for the new Chrome or is there an older
> Chrome version that is compatible?

You can use this repo.  Made by someone on the forums, I
believe his name is Mr. Kamei, but I could be wrong about the name

He's made binaries that work. Chromium itself doesn't and won't support
CentOS/RH/OLE 5.5

# CentOS-Chromium.repo
#
# The mirror system uses the connecting IP address of the client and the
# update status of each mirror to pick mirrors that are updated to and
# geographically close to the client.  You should use this for CentOS updates
# unless you are manually picking other mirrors.
#
# If the mirrorlist= does not work for you, as a fall back you can try the
# remarked out baseurl= line instead.
#
#

[chromium]
name=CentOS-5 - Custom Chromium kit from linux-powered.com
baseurl=ftp://ftp.linux-powered.com/CentOS/5.x/Chromium/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rk

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: So, Buffy, how'd the slaying go last night?
Buffy: Xander!
Xander: I mean, how'd the laying go? No, I don't mean that either.