[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Mon Apr 4 23:29:58 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 07:22:43PM -0400, Brian Mathis wrote:

> All that is needed to stop the weekly explosions are some regular
> updates about the process.  Something like "Working on xyz package but
> ran into this problem.  Still have to look at packages abc and def"
> would more than satisfy a vast majority of people complaining here.
> It's mind boggling that the project just doesn't seem to understand
> that.

	Couple questions for you, if you wouldn't mind?

	Do you complain to Redhat about similar issues?  Do you complain
	to your sales rep about when the next release is going to drop,
	or what the hold-up on a release is?

	Assuming that you're a customer you would be quite dissatisfied
	with their reply, or to be more accurate, their lack of a reply.

	Why must CentOS be held to a different set of standards than the
	upstream?  Redhat posts NO status updates and publishes NO
	timelines but yet CentOS gets no end of grief over their lack of
	the same.

	I do personally wish that there would be more status updates
	from TPTB but to be demanding of more updates is ridiculous.

								John

--
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

-- Robin Williams (1952-), American actor and comedian