[CentOS] CentOS-5.5 Live CD & netinstall

Tue Apr 5 23:26:26 UTC 2011
William Hooper <whooperhsd at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> According to <http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSLiveCD5.5>
> "There is a "Network Install" option on the Live CD
> that is the same as our CentOS-5.5-i386-netinstall ISO".
>
> I've looked quite carefully at my CentOS-5.5 Live CD (on a USB stick),
> and I don't see a Network Install option anywhere.
>
> Could some kind soul explain where it can be found, please.

Try hitting the space bar during the Automatic boot countdown screen.
That should give you the boot menu with the option to do the network
install.

Also note that the next version of the LiveCD won't have this option:

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSLiveCD5.6

--
William Hooper