[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 will not install due to Firefox error

Wed Apr 6 20:55:08 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/6/2011 3:49 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>>> backend to
>>>
>>> Ah, yes, sort of like, well, a real version control system.
>>>
>>>       mark, who used to be expert with PVCS, and could do all this
>>
>> Doing it with one instance is one thing - and I really wish yum could at
>> least be told to ignore packages newer than a reference timestamp so it
>> could reproduce updates even when new things have been added to the
>> repos.  But that's not the issue here - not even that would held with
>> out of sync mirrors unless you can control the order of transfers.
>
> Nope. PVCS had (has?) both "labels" and "tags". We'd tag something as a
> given release, and you exported by tag to get the full release as of that
> date. You wouldn't put the tag on until everything had been promoted, and
> the system locked, then gang tag everything that was, say, labeled
> "production".

Pretty much every version control system can do that, but I don't think
any of then will work when you have a partially-rsync'd file copy of the
repository that only has part of the tags you are trying to get and
nothing to tell it they aren't all there.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com