[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Wed Apr 6 23:04:54 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 04/06/2011 11:37 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> And you do not seem to provide me with the answers. Same old, same old.
>
> Actually, i dont need to provide *you* with anything :)

Correct, but if you claim I don't know anything about the issues, the
problem and the efforts to solve them (which I contest, btw) it would have
been honest to tell me what you think are the issues, the problem and the
efforts to solve them. It's not fair to blame my ignorance and keeping me
ignorant at the same time.

It's avoiding an open discussion.

Mind you that for more than 2 years the issues I have brought up, have
been largely the same, but they have been ignored and avoided. I can
provide you with a list of excuses and future promises which didn't stand
the test of time up till now.

> But i disagree on the same old. Its definitely the same old from you. On
> the other hand, how many qa tests have you written and which part of the
> distro are you looking to adopt and help with ? About 35 other people
> have taken up the task, I dont see you doing anything at all.

Apart from the fact I did a lot in the past for CentOS (I hope you are not
disclaiming any of that) I don't think I need to be an active contributor
to voice my opinion about the need for more transparency, better
communication and timely releases.

You know very well why I left the project (read my resignation letter
again if you will) and as long as the project is not improving on those
basic and fundamental problems, it pretty much feels as another
disappointment hitting me in the face if I would become involved again.

I prefer not to loose any more sleep over CentOS for the time being.

That said, there are many options to solve the above, but the discussion
has been largely avoided and you attack people for bringing them up with
vague claims and belittling eg. my involvement just to ditch the
questions.