[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Thu Apr 7 17:05:36 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 4/7/2011 11:02 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> If you WANT a service level agreement with me, then you may contract for
>> one.  If you pay me enough, I will guarantee you updates on what ever
>> schedule you are willing to pay for.  I will be very professional in my
>> dealings with you in that case too.
>
> That's sort of disturbing... Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it
> comes across to me as implying that the CentOS project could do better
> with more resources and the only way you'll allow it to have those
> resources is if you are paid personally.  But maybe I'm reading too much
> into the rejections of offers to help with builds and the refusals to
> share the build environment.
<snip>
I think you're reading his reply the wrong way, Les. I see it as "this is
a volunteer project, and I'm doing the best I can. You want guarantees,
then you can buy RHEL, or you can pay me for support, and then I'll have
the time to do that, and not have to worry about how to pay my bills if
I'm not at my day job."

       mark, waiting to find out if the Republicans shut down the gov't,
                 and his paycheck....