[CentOS] CentOS-5.5 Live CD & netinstall

Fri Apr 8 20:29:01 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/8/2011 3:19 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:

>> None of that applies to NFS installs against locally downloaded isos -
>> which is the fastest/easiest approach to a full set of install choices
>> unless it is your first machine and you don't have anything to act as
>> the server.
>
> Agreed.  In my mind that is equivalent to a local repo.  Still not
> something your average newbie grabbing a LiveCD to play with is going to
> be likely to be able to handle, and those who can handle it are also
> cluefull enough to use boot.iso (AKA netinstall ISO).

Yes, but there are many machines where it is useful to run the livecd to
check out how the hardware will be handled and perhaps rearrange some
things on the existing disks or do some manual partitioning before
jumping into the install.  Why force people to burn two disks when they
would only need one?  It could at least be a boot command line option
like 'askmethod' on the normal install if you really think most people
are too dumb to deal with seeing the options if they didn't ask for them.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com