[CentOS] CentOS-5.5 Live CD & netinstall

Sat Apr 9 10:13:31 UTC 2011
Markus Falb <markus.falb at fasel.at>

On 9.4.2011 01:42, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I think I could have done it with http,
> at least it linked to my web-server.
> But I agree with you that NFS is much the easier way.

NFS method requires you to run a nfs server. This is not easy if you are
not running nfs service at your site. You have to setup nfs service and
you have to download stuff and you need the storage and you need the
bandwidth.

HTTP installs could be pointed to official centos mirrors if you have a
working internet access. No local mirror needed. No need for a local
service, no need to download stuff. This sounds easier to me.

--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb