[CentOS] how is "binary compatibility" determined?

Sat Apr 9 12:52:58 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Saturday, April 09, 2011 05:32:34 AM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> I just wanted to make sure that people realise that while the process on
> that page will get you to where one needs to be, the scripts etc are not
> what we use in the centos buildsystem.

And that's a more useful statement than the quote that's up on that page now.

After 6.0 is out if you, Johnny, Tru, or whomever would be so kind as to update the publicly accessible scripts I'm sure many folk would be appreciative.

So we now have C4.9 and C5.6 out; two down, one to go.  Good progress, even if it did take a bit of time.