[CentOS] Merging Install DVDs on a PXE server

Sun Apr 10 23:11:54 UTC 2011
Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>

On 04/10/2011 07:01 PM, Robert Heller wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>>   Probably a simple question, but, I'd like to merge both install DVDs
>> into one directory on my PXE server. Obviously I will need to copy all
>> of the files, but do I need to cast a magical incantation to recreate
>> .discinfo, .treeinfo, etc?
>
> If all you want to do is create a PXE server that can be used to install
> using NFS, you just need the DVD (or CD) .iso files in some NFS exported
> (read-only!) directory.  Loopback mount the first DVD/CD and copy the
> image froms from images/pxeboot to /tftpboot and put entries in
> /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default, and the right 'magic' in /etc/dhcpd.conf
> and you are good to go.

I've done that (well, minus NFS). I can easily enough install without
the second DVD ISO, as the servers won't have openoffice anyway.

My question was more a point of curiosity. I supposed I could have said
"how can I merge the two ISOs into one" and gotten matching answers. So
then, the real question is; How can I recreate the package list that is
found in the ISO that anaconda uses to know what packages are available?

Cheers!

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com