[CentOS] whats the package that allows copy and paste between windows

Mon Apr 11 18:22:32 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Jerry Geis wrote:
> > Jerry Geis wrote:
> >> What is the package that allows copy and paste between windows?
> >> I think I need to yum reinstall it.
> >> after the 5.6 update I get the copy button when I right click - (for
> >> example in thunderbird)
> >> put when I then goto a console window and try to right click and paste
> >> the paste is grey-ed or ghosted.
> >>
> >> Is there a package that controls the clip board or something?
> >> Thanks
> >> Jerry
> >>

> > Sorry if wasnt explicit.  Take an even simpler case
> > I can highlight some text in firefox and right click and copy,
> > I then cannot paste that text into an email with thunderbird.
> > I get the menu item actually to paste but when I select it nothing
> > populates.
> > I am certain I have done this in the past.
>
> ok, clear. Yes that *should* work.
>
> > Lets leave the gnome-terminal out of the picture.
> >
> > So I was wondering the if there is a particular package I could try
> > reinstalling.
> > But it sounds like its "built" into X so I doubt it.
> > Anything else to try before doing a fresh install?
>
> does it work if you log in as another user?

So long as it is the same X Server.  If you log into a different console
and then do a 'startx -- :1' (or :2, :3, etc.), then no it won't work.
If you just do a su or sudo su in a [gnome] terminal, then yes, it will
work.