[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 21:27:13 UTC 2011
Brunner, Brian T. <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com>

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
> Tru Huynh wrote:

>> Same answer for you than I made for Dag, volunteer to coordinate,
>> build, write scripts, publish *your* work and you will be helping
> your fellows.
> <snip>
> I must be missing something here. If it had been someone I didn't
> know, that's one thing, but Dag's been contributing to Linux as a
> whole for a lotta years, and his site is a major repository.

This is perhaps the most poignant comment.

If it were me, wiser you are to listen to frogs and crickets.
Dag is saying "I want to help but your system is closed".
I believe him more than anybody in CentOS.
CentOS folks apparently believe their entire system is open and
transparent enough that anybody of Dag's skills and experience could
help with no trouble at all.  He says differently.

The only thing I can point out in CentOS's favor is that they have said
a few things about how helpers (can) help; and that this discussion
belongs on CentOS-Devel.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.

//me