[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 22:09:24 UTC 2011
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not simple... They don't ship until they reproduce something that
> they consider 'binary compatible' to the upstream binaries, which
> depends on a build environment containing some things that don't match
> the sources.  Some of this is documented for the similar SL build but
> they aren't as picky about library linkage versions (which may not
> matter functionally anyway).

Are you referring to Johnny's old post? I hope his message is not
interpreted to mean that SL is not as conscience about compatibility
as CentOS is. As I wrote in:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2011-March/007201.html

the example package that was quoted in Johnny's mail was from SL's
_Alpha_ version. As I suspected, those mismatches in the library had
been taken care of when SL went from Alpha to Beta (I checked on
this). Just for anyone's reference, CentOS did have the same issue
early in the QA process which was noticed by a QA member and
corrected.

I think that Johnny, in his recent posts, tried to address potential
misinterpretation of his earlier post.

Akemi