[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 23:01:34 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Keith Keller wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:08:29AM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, John R. Dennison wrote:
>>>
>>> 	Except for the whole "I resign" issue with Dag and the project.
>>>
>>> 	He's stirring up trouble for the sake of stirring up trouble.
>>
>> Yes, and CentOS does not have issues ! It's all Dag that's making it up.
>
> These are not mutually exclusive.  It is possible for CentOS to have
> problems and for you to stir up trouble at the same time.  Whether you
> mean it to or not, your posts come off as bitter sniping, and not as
> constructive criticisms of CentOS.

You can read into my statements what you like, but do also read the facts
I bring up and the deafening silence from the project about some real
issues. None of these are new by the way.

BTW tell me how one can be constructive if:

  - the project does not plan to discuss why it took 84 days for CentOS
    5.6 and 5 months for CentOS 6.0

  - the project has QA closed to a limited group of people and the
    development process closed

  - the project is not interested to allow more people to collaborate

  - no other team members actually dare to speak up other than the three
    people that have sign-access

This is not a community project. A community shares information for the
benefit of everyone.