[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Tue Apr 12 00:16:30 UTC 2011
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 18:48 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:08:29AM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> >
> > Yes, and CentOS does not have issues ! It's all Dag that's making it up.
> >
> > Without Dag releases would be more timely :) Pigs can fly !
>
> 	Oh, stop it.  I never once said that there were no issues; we
> 	all know that there are.  But you rehashing the same tired
> 	arguments over and over and over hasn't changed anything yet and
> 	it is quite unlikely to do so in the future.
>
> 	Your constant drive-by snipes don't do much to give the devs
> 	additional motivation to correct any of the issues that are
> 	present.  You come across as just another ungrateful consumer
> 	more often than not of late, Dag.  To be honest, I expected
> 	better of you.
>
> 	I know you've a history; I know that there might well be some
> 	bad blood present; I also know that you did much at one time
> 	to promote the project.  But that doesn't give you a right to
> 	pollute this list with the _same_ thing, over and over.  It's
> 	monotonous, it's not productive, and at some point it just
> 	becomes noise.
----
I think his point is well taken. If the developers don't change the
methodology of building, each release will be later and later given the
current trends. It's pretty hard to argue anything else. RHEL 6 was
released on November 10th, 2010 and here it is more than 5 months later
and nada.

My perspective is that Dag's packages have contributed greatly to the
success of CentOS. In fact, Dag has a long history of packaging software
for many different Linux distributions especially RedHat/Fedora. To
characterize him as a drive-by sniper demonstrates ignorance of all of
his contributions.

Craig

believed to be clean.