[CentOS] 5.6 is out, great my first upgrade didn't work...

Tue Apr 12 02:09:49 UTC 2011
Nicolas Ross <rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca>

>> To follow-up on my own storry, I got there this morning, expecting to
>> find the server stuck at fsck or somthing similar, only to find it with
>> only the sord "GRUB" on the screen, and beeping like crazy. I didn't
>> have any iso nor centos cd with me, so I'll get back there this
>> after-noon with a portable cd-drive and centos cd.
>>
>> To be continued...
>
> Ouch, that hurts. Do please follow up. :)

Indeed... I really don't know what went wrong... I booted in rescue mode, I did uninstalled the unsed old kernel, did grub-install /dev/sda, and rebooted. The server now boots normally...

Lessons of the storry: if you don't have a remote kvm, be at te console when upgrading !