[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Tue Apr 12 11:58:15 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 12:48 PM, Radu Gheorghiu wrote:
>> There are pages in the wiki that already describe what we are doing
>> right now.
> I think you already stated that the pages about rebuilding are outdated.

Thats not what was said : we might not be using the exact same scripts
is more along the lines of what was said. But yes, there is some level
of scope to gather the info from various places into a single place.
Quite a lot things are scattered around and need people to make an
effort. Having a single starting page, as it were, would help.

A couple of days back, someone offered to start that process off. I will
help alongside as much as I can.

> Useless unless I can replicate your build system. We must work on the
> same thing, not on separate things.

Ok, so that's a much more tangible question! Replicating the build
system isn't hard. Its almost a case of doing a for loop with mock and
looking at results of what that turns out. This question has been
answered at-least a few dozen times in recent past. Look at mock, look
at yum and make sure you understand spec files.

But remember, that building packages is only a small part of what we are
doing.

- KB