[CentOS] Kerberos/LDAP authentication no more working in 5.6 ?

Tue Apr 12 14:28:17 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011, Alain Péan wrote:

> Sorrry, little error with the output of klit -ke, because I am testing
> on a test AD domain at this moment. On the first machine, output is :
> # klist -ke
> Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
> KVNO Principal
> ----
>    2 host/appleton.lab-lpp.local at LAB-LPP.LOCAL (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)
>    2 host/appleton.lab-lpp.local at LAB-LPP.LOCAL (DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5)
>    2 host/appleton.lab-lpp.local at LAB-LPP.LOCAL (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)
>    2 host/appleton at LAB-LPP.LOCAL (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)
>    2 host/appleton at LAB-LPP.LOCAL (DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5)
>    2 host/appleton at LAB-LPP.LOCAL (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)
>    2 APPLETON$@LAB-LPP.LOCAL (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)
>    2 APPLETON$@LAB-LPP.LOCAL (DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5)
>    2 APPLETON$@LAB-LPP.LOCAL (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)

You're still lightly mixing machines though, as your error before referred to
'bardeen' not appleton.  I'm not certain that I've seen a complete picture
here.

I think disabling validate would still get you back to your old behaviour, but
that there's something wrong with the keytabs on these machines.

jh