[CentOS] Dag's RHEL Rebuild Project.

Tue Apr 12 18:59:56 UTC 2011
Ian Murray <murrayie at yahoo.co.uk>

> This is really disrespectful to talk about on  here. The devs spent a ton of
> their spare time to develop centos, last thing  you should talk about is
> starting competing projects...
>
> Peter.

Erm, the dev(s) *suggested* using an alternative distribution. The stated aims
are different, so it isn't in competition any more than RedHat is with CentOS.
As for off-topic, possibly... but it wouldn't be the first time an OT subject
has been allowed on the list.

I really don't get this list. The threads I have read on the Xen list suggest
there is no problem with a discussion about the relative merits of KVM so why is
everything so personal on this list? Something quite unhealthy is going on here,
IMHO.