[CentOS] Kerberos/LDAP authentication no more working in 5.6 ?

Wed Apr 13 10:03:03 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Alain Péan wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> There are only two realms I mentionned, LAB-LPP.LOCAL, and
> TEST-LPP.LOCAL. I am currently doing test with the latter, and indeed,
> pc-2003-test is the AD DC, so the KDC for TEST-LPP.LOCAL. The fdqn is
> also pc-2003-test.test-lpp.local.
>
> 'kinit <username>' works,
> [root at centos-test etc]# kinit pean
> Password for pean at TEST-LPP.LOCAL:
> [root at centos-test etc]# klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
> Default principal: pean at TEST-LPP.LOCAL
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 04/13/11 11:41:09  04/13/11 18:21:09  krbtgt/TEST-LPP.LOCAL at TEST-LPP.LOCAL
>

> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
> klist: You have no tickets cached
>
> But nevertheless, it is asking for password when I issue the 'net ads
> join -U pean' command...
>
> As you understood, my KDC server is a windows 2003 R2 Active directory
> server. I don't understand where it is looking for the credentials. I
> tried to create the krb5.keytab with ktpass on the windows server, and
> replace the one on the centos-test, but it does not work either. There
> is something, perhaps obvious, I miss. I also tried with 'validate =
> true' in /etc/krb5.conf, but with no success.

Have you tried with validate = false?

I'd expect that to work, but it's not what you want to be doing long term.

> I found also that there is a 'krb5.conf.TEST-LPP' file in
> /var/lib/samba/smb_krb5, and this one is certainly used by samba (I
> replaced old version with samba3x, 3.5.4, and put 'kerberos method =
> secrets and keytab', instead of 'use kerberos keytab = true' that I used
> previously.

Does that config file conflict in any way with the system krb5.conf?

> I don't know if you have, or anyone else, an idea ?

Ah, I'm using samba-common-3.0.33 for the join not samba3x, so there's
possibly some subtle differences.

The join is reliant on /etc/samba/smb.conf (and presumably that
krb5.conf.TEST-LPP) though, so you'd need to double check that's all correct.

jh