[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Wed Apr 13 17:55:39 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/13/2011 12:47 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> OK, if you are going to use that as an example, please tell me how many
>> of those people made that choice knowing that updates were going to be
>> months behind upstream.  There's certainly nothing on the project web
>> site to imply that.
>>

> How about I just use YOU as an example.
>
> You CERTAINLY know how long the updates take.
>
> How many INSTALLS of CentOS do you still choose to have?

I think you know the answer for CentOS 6.  I haven't deployed any new
services on CentOS since the 5.4 release, and am generally losing to the
guy who favors SUSE here - and even the horde that favors Windows which
has always been our largest deployment.  It's not a 'no-brainer' anymore.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com