[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Wed Apr 13 18:22:06 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/13/2011 1:01 PM, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:

>>> How many INSTALLS of CentOS do you still choose to have?
>>
>> I think you know the answer for CentOS 6.  I haven't deployed any new
>> services on CentOS since the 5.4 release, and am generally losing to
>> the
>> guy who favors SUSE here - and even the horde that favors Windows
>> which
>> has always been our largest deployment.
>

> Gross, Winblowz!
>
> We use it as a workstation VM in a pretty large scale but since its a
> VM, doesn't seem so bad as our host and primary OS is Centos.

My gut feeling is the same, but it goes back to Win2k and earlier days.
  I can't think of anything that has been a problem with 64-bit win
2003/2008 as production servers and I sort of like the way you can
decide after-the-fact that you want to convert a disk to software raid.

> We've had some traction on Suse but since there is no comparable
> project like Centos in the Suse realm, its Centos all the way baby!

The SUSE-favoring guy has some tests that he says shows that their
real-time kernel is essential for what his programs do - which is
probably true for one particular instance.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com