[CentOS] [OT] ups advice

Thu Apr 14 19:09:53 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/14/2011 1:55 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 04/14/11 10:54 AM, Devin Reade wrote:
>> Partially echoing what was already said:
>>
>> - Stick to APC
>
> I'd take Eaton Powerware (fka Best Power) over APC any day.
>
> http://powerquality.eaton.com/Products-services/Backup-Power-UPS/5125.aspx
> or similar for this application.   I'd take one of those up versus the
> same size APC SmartUps any day.

Keep in mind that pretty much all of them that don't have multiple
battery/control modules and auto-switching (like the big APC Symmetra's)
  will have their own failure modes 3 or 4 years out if you just plug
them in and forget them.  That is, they will cause downtime even if you
don't have a power failure.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com