[CentOS] cross-platform email client

Fri Apr 15 20:05:48 UTC 2011
Michael Davis <l_centos at profician.com>

On 4/15/2011 3:46 PM, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On 04/15/2011 12:30 PM, Jeff wrote:
>> By default Thunderbird creates a local cache for IMAP accounts -- for
>> large accounts, this can be problematic. Have you tried disabling the
>> local synchronization?
>>
>> Account Settings ->   Synch&   Storage ->   Uncheck "Keep messages for this
>> account on this computer"
> It's unchecked already.

I experienced a similar problem with Thunderbird on Windows. For me, it
ended up being folder compaction. Changing the settings on compaction
(Tools/Options/Advanced/Network & Disk Space) reduced the frequency that
folders are compacted, and thereby my frustration, but did not eliminate
them. I agree that the UI should not be affected by maintenance functions.

Hope this helps.

Michael Davis
Profician Corporation