[CentOS] cents 5.6 ..... futur

Sat Apr 16 17:52:00 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 04/16/11 8:32 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>   At least for the rpm-packaged programs in the base and most
> 3rd party repos, all of the configuration files will be under /etc

one notable exception to that is postgresql, its config files are
normally in the postgres data directory, nominally /var/lib/postgresql/data

since its config is quite closely tied to its data files and its
datafiles are very version specific, you really need to pg_dumpall the
old and restore it to the new.

now, I do note that debian/ubuntu move these conf files to
/etc/postgresql/$version/...    but we have to mimic upstream