[CentOS] Install CentOS as KVM guest

Tue Apr 26 10:08:20 UTC 2011
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

Thanks for both the replies, I'm trying it out again. Text base
installation is fine with me, which was what I was originally trying
to do anyway.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck at what should be the console with the
same "Connected to domain vm01. Escape char is ^]" message.

> virsh ttyconsole vm01
gives me /dev/pts/0

So the console was defined correctly, I could connect using virsh
console vm01, which brings me back to the blank screen.

Checking /var/log/libvirt/qemu/vm01.log reveals no error, just the
installation parameters and the fact it's redirecting char device to
/dev/pts/0

Just in case KVM is still booting the VM, I've checked top and kvm is
basically idling.

Is there anyway to check if KVM actually booted the VM past the
equivalent of BIOS POST? So that I can determine if it's hang at
initialization or it's the installation ISO that's the problem?