[CentOS] Multiple IP Addresses for a bridge

Fri Apr 29 10:45:25 UTC 2011
Lucian <lucian at lastdot.org>

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin
<centos.admin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to assign multiple IP addresses to a bridge the same
> way ethernet devices can?

Yes, I think you can even define whole ranges of addresses.

> The purpose is to accept incoming traffic for multiple public IP.
> 1 Physical NIC
> -> br0 (accepts incoming traffic for x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.5)
>
> Then 3 different virtual interfaces are connected to this bridge
> 1. eth0 (x.x.x.2)
> 2. eth1 (x.x.x.3)
> 3. eth2 (x.x.x.4)

Something seems out of order with the above; may I ask what exactly
you are trying to achieve?
Unless I read it all wrong you want (i.e.) x.x.x.2 on br0 and also on
eth0? This cannot work.