[CentOS] I have RHel6. How does that turn into Centos 6?

Fri Apr 29 20:25:48 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 04/29/2011 03:16 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 4/29/2011 3:08 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> But, legally, yes, someone COULD distribute some of the RH files.
>
> I thought these days you couldn't get the binaries in the first place
> without also getting a support contract where the terms you agree to say
> you can only install on the licensed machine.

Installing and distributing are 2 different things.

NOW ... people USING those distributed files would have issues.

If you have ANY upstream licensed products, you would not be able to use
any files that were made by upstream and signed by them (regardless of
who distributed them to you) and still meet your agreement.

You can, of course, use CentOS and not have that problem.