[CentOS] I have RHel6. How does that turn into Centos 6?

Sat Apr 30 21:00:28 UTC 2011
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 21:56, NOYK <service.account at insightbb.com> wrote:
> Given the difficulty of getting Centos 6 released - maybe this is not the
> correct group to ask. Just saying. ;)

It seems to me that is exactly why he was asking. The OP doesn't
really want to create Paul Linux, he wants to know what CentOS does to
RHEL to make it CentOS. Superficially, grepping for "redhat" in the
source and compiling doesn't sound like 6 months worth of delays. I
thought it was a clever, respectful way of asking the question.

That said, I do appreciate how much work goes into a CentOS release. I
do know that it is not a simple grep! So the answer to Paul's question
intrigues me as well.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il