[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 and freenx

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:58:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Helmut Drodofsky
<drodofsky at internet-xs.de> wrote:
> The rpms from ATrpms.net have not installed correct. E.g. I'm missing the entries for /etc/init.d/freenx-server or something like that.

The stuff at atrpms is not being maintained, and if I remember, the nx
package is old and yet labeled "bleeding".

> The rpms described below are installing well as far as I can see.
>
> Selinux is disabled now for easy testing and then the server rebooted.
>
> NX Client reports
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 23316
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.140.13 on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>
> And is reporting: "...NX service not available or NX access disabled on host ...
>
> IP is correct. ssh login with this IP: no problem.
>
> Client key is copied from
> /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key
>
> My NX server on CentOS 5.x are running well....
>
> Do you use key authentication or have you configured nx user and passwords?

I wonder if the trouble has to do with the fact you have installed the
packages from atrpms. Can you show us the output from:

rpm -qa | grep nx

And perhaps,

rpm -qf /etc/nxserver/node.conf

??